Palampur Best Places to Visit
Palampur is a famous hill station in north India, it knows for its tea gardens and processed tea. If you are looking for into on Palampur best places to visit?
Here is the best list of places to visit in Palampur and other information which helps you to visit Palampur like how to reach, the best time to visit Palampur, temperature and more.
- 1 Palampur Best Places to Visit
- 2 Best Time to Visit Palampur
- 3 Palampur Temperature
- 4 How to Reach Palampur
- 5 Things to do in Palampur
List of Palampur Best Places to Visit
- Tea Gardens in Palampur
- Saurabh Van Vihar
- Tashi Jong Monastery
- Neugal Khad
- Chamunda Devi Temple
- Andretta Pottery
- Baijnath Temple
- Jakhni Mata
The tea garden is a significant attraction for tourists in Palampur; even this place is also known as the tea capital of north India.
If you love tea, this place is for you; there are lots of factories as well where you can see tea processing. You can read also the Famous Tea Garden in India.
- Visting Time: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tickets: Free
Saurabh Van Vihar
Saurabh van vihar is the best place to visit in Palampur. It’s the right place for nature lovers lots of trees as well as a fantastic mountain view you can see here. You can read also Best Wildlife Places in India.
- Visting Time: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Ticket: 20 per Person
Tashi Jong Monastery
It is a Buddhist monastery, and it’s Palampur’s amazing peacefull and one of the best places to visit. The view from the monastery is impressive; you can see green hills.
Neugal khad is a popular picnic sport in Palampur. This place is just 3 km from Palampur. Ideal location for photography lovers with nature, mountain view, and more.
Chamunda Devi Temple
The beautiful temple of “Chamundeshwari” in Palampur. Here you see engravings of Ramayana and Mahabharat and the gorgeous view of the river and mountains. Read also Monkey Temple Jaipur.
Andretta is a small village in Himachal. It’s around 12 km from Palampur. Here you get the treasure of art at Sobha Singh Art Gallery.
Baijnath one of the best temples in Palampur Nestled in the green Kangra valley. You can read also Swayambhunath Temple.
- Timings: 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Ticket: Free
Jakhni Mata Temple
One of the most visited tourist destinations. You can read also Top 7 Temples in Rishikesh.
- Timings: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Ticket: Free
Best Time to Visit Palampur
If you need to relax from the sun and summer you can come here between march to June, and want to go in winter you can go between October to February.
- The temperature in winters (October to March): 1°C – 10°C
- The temperature in Summer (April – September): 9°C – 30°C
How to Reach Palampur
- Roadways: Buses and other cab facilities available almost everwhere near Palampur
- Railways: the Nearest railway station is Pathankot approx 100 km from Palampur
- Airways: Gaggal airport approx 50 km from Palampur.
Things to do in Palampur
Things that you can add in your sightseeing, and it can create a fun and memorable trip, and you love these:
- Trek to triund
- Explore the tea garden and plantations
- Paragliding in Bir billing
- Tour to Baijnath temple
- Explore Tibetan culture at Norbulingka institute
- visit Neuga Khad
- try your hand at pottery