Akshardham Jaipur is a Hindu Temple located in Rajasthan. It is dedicated to Lord Narayana. The Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sansthan, a Hindu religious organization, built the temple.
The temple is a beautiful example of modern Hindu architecture. It is made of white marble and sandstone with intricate carvings and sculptures. The temple is home to museum, a library, and a garden.
Important information about Akshardham Temple Jaipur:
|Contact Number||0141 224 6100|
|Timings||7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM to 8:15 PM, only except Monday|
|Aarti Timings||Mangal Aarti – 6:00 AM, Shangar Aarti – 7:30 AM, Rajbhog Aarti – 11:15 AM, Sandhya Aarti – 7:00 PM, Shayan Aarti – 8:00 PM|
|Address||WP2R+V6Q, Vidyut Nagar, Vaishali Nagar, Chitrakoot, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302021|
|Camera/Videography||Not allowed inside the temple|
Akshardham Temple Jaipur history:
Akshardham Jaipur Temple was built by the Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sansthan. The temple was built between 1995 and 2007 and was inaugurated by the then President of India, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
The Akshardham Jaipur was constructed to spread the teachings of Swaminarayan, a Hindu saint from the 19th century. Here are some of the key events in the history of Akshardham Temple Jaipur:
- 1995: Construction of the temple begins.
- 2000: The foundation of temple was established by Swaminarayan Akshar Purushottam Swami.
- 2002: The temple’s main structure is completed.
- 2005: The temple’s museum and library are opened to the public.
- 2007: The temple was inaugurated by the President of India, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
Akshardham Temple Jaipur Architecture:
The Akshardham Mandir Vaishali Nagar in Jaipur is a stunning blend of modern Hindu architecture and technology. It is made from white marble and sandstone. There is a museum, a library with books about Hinduism, and a peaceful garden.
The main temple structure is a five-floor tower with a golden dome. It is surrounded by four smaller buildings, each representing one of Hinduism’s sacred texts, the Vedas. The walls are covered with carvings of gods, goddesses, and scenes from Lord Swaminarayan’s life. The ceilings are decorated with paintings showing Hindu history.
Tips for visiting: Akshardham Jaipur:
Below, we mentioned some of the tips that will help you at the time of visiting Akshardham Mandir Jaipur.
- Dress appropriately
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hat and sunscreen
- Bring a camera
- Take a guided tour
How To Reach?
By car: The temple is easily accessible by car. From the city, just drive on NH48 in the direction of Delhi. After about 15 kilometers, you’ll find the temple on your right.
By public transportation: You can also reach Akshardham Temple by bus. Many bus services go there, and the nearest bus stop is Vidyut Nagar. It is just a short walk from the bus stop to the temple.
By taxi: Taxis are also a convenient way to reach Akshardham Temple. You can find taxis in the city or at the Vidyut Nagar bus stop.
Buy temple-related items.
The Best Time To Visit:
The best time to visit Akshardham Temple is October to March. It is best to avoid going from April to June and July to September. So, if you want to enjoy the temple comfortably, plan your visit in the winter.
Top Hotels Near Akshardham Temple Jaipur:
- Sarovar Portico Jaipur
- OYO 658 Hotel Seven Seas
- R41- A Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Shyam Paradise By The Tricolour Hospitality
- TGI Apple Inn
- Cygnett Park Bl Jaipur
- The Trade International Hotel
- Treebo Trend Hotel Istana Inn
- Hotel Ratangarh Palace
- The Byke Grassfield
- Raj Rajeshwari Haveli
- SilverKey Executive Stays 46760 Souvenir Prime
- County Inn Hotel
- Avana Hotel
- Comfort Homestay- Nohra
Special facts about Akshardham Jaipur:
- The temple is home to a 7-foot-tall statue of Lord Swaminarayan, made of pure gold and silver.
- The temple is home of a museum, a library, and a garden.
- The temple’s construction took over ten years and was completed in 2005.
Special Facts about Akshardham Jaipur
- This temple is a series of “Swaminarayan temples” in India and out of India.
- “Swaminarayan” or “Akshardhaam” is the world’s most significant series of Swaminarayan temples.
- These temples are also situated outside India in popular destinations like Sydney, Melbourne, Western Australia, Adelaide(South Australia), Tronto(Canada), Fiji, etc.
Nearby places to visit
Best things you can do when visiting Akshardham Jaipur
Question Hub Of Mysterious Trip About (FAQ)
Morning at 7:30 am – 12:00 pm and evening at 4:00 pm – 8:15 pm, except Monday.
Morning at 7:30 am and evening at 4:00 pm
The distance between Akshardham to Sirsi Road Jaipur is approximately 9 kilometers. The journey can be completed in about 20 minutes by car. However, the exact time will depend on traffic conditions. If you are planning to walk or cycle, it will take longer to reach your destination.
The exact date of the foundation stone of Akshardham Mandir at Chitrakoot Jaipur is unknown. However, it is believed to have been founded sometime in the early 18th century.
Plan your visit, dress well, and enjoy.