Traveling makes one modest and evokes a sense of humbleness within your soul. It incorporates a sense of independence and gratitude towards your loved ones.
Apart from this, explorations also turn you into a better human being with a broader mindset. You realize that there’s nothing like normalcy around the globe.
This comes with better knowledge and loads of astonishing memories to adhere to. When it comes to exploring, nothing beats the fun of camping by the riverside. What adds to the trip is nature’s tranquillity and serenity all around you.
Keep reading to know the tips that will help you sail through your first solo camping spree without any hassles.
- 1 Tips For Your First Solo Camping Trip
- 1.1 Be Careful About The Campsite
- 1.2 Take The Necessary Gear Along
- 1.3 Camping Gear
- 1.4 Pack The Food Wisely
- 1.5 Check Up On The Weather
- 1.6 Carry Some Entertainment
- 1.7 Stick To Mindful Packing
- 1.8 Don’t Forget The First Aid On Solo Camping Trip
- 2 Bottom Line
Tips For Your First Solo Camping Trip
Be Careful About The Campsite
One of the most crucial aspects of camping alone is the campsite. When you’re all by yourself, safety is a significant concern, and you must keep that in mind.
Make sure to camp at a place with an average crowd. That way, you always have someone to look up to, in case things go haywire.
However, don’t end up setting up your camp at an overcrowded place as well. Not only will it expose your vulnerability, but also make you even more reachable for the strangers.
Look out for an area that is well-drained and equipped with toilet facilities. Also, choose the spot that is at least 200 feet away from the water bodies. The perfect campsites always come with a breath-taking view and natural aesthetics at its best.
Take The Necessary Gear Along
Another crucial asset that adds up to the camping experience is the solo camping gear. You must carry the essential gear and pack it on your roof rack basket safely.
From the top-notch shelter to comfortable sleeping bags, you need them all.
Sit back and make a list of the things that you might need while enjoying the bonfire. Make sure to pack only the essential items and keep the luggage as light as possible.
- The shelter is highly essential to turn your camping trip into a memorable one. Pack the suitable tents, either canvas or cold weather, and spend the nights with comfort. Other than that, you need some ecstatic sleeping bags, and a few blankets to keep you warm.
- Clothes that are both light-weight, as well as rain-proof, are necessary to avoid getting sick. Along with this, pack some sunscreen and moisturizing creams as you don’t want to compromise on your skincare.
- Camping Gear like chairs, firewood, and air-tight containers are a must-have when you go out to camp. Stuff in some air mattress as well in case you won’t like the sleeping bags.
- Well-equipped Survival Kit containing a knife, whistle, compass, maps, and hatchet prove to be of use when things go wrong. Carry your survival kit especially when you’re all along on your adventure spree.
- Toiletries are something that you must not forget before heading out. However, you don’t have to carry everything. Just pack some soap, shampoo, toothpaste, and toothbrush to cover up the basics.
Pack The Food Wisely
On your solo camping spree, you might end up not finding enough food stalls. It’s highly crucial to carry some homemade food to fulfill your hunger.
Make sure to pack something handy and nutritious food on your camping journey. Along with this, you must take care of the nutritional values in every meal. Another good option is carrying some dehydrated foods that you can always boil and eat fresh. Take a look at this article from Proper Good for more camping meal tips.
Ideal Camping Foods
- Nuts & Bars are incredibly nutritious and make amazing foods while traveling. The mere fact that they don’t wither early is enough for you to carry them.
- Dehydrated Foods work well when you’re going to a place with no food stalls or dining arrangements.
- Fruits & Vegetables like apples, pears, and bananas are also suitable for such purposes.
Check Up On The Weather
Before deciding the campsite, make sure to check the weather and its suitability. You don’t want to end up staying inside the camp due to heavy rains.
Hence, it’s always better to research the upcoming weather beforehand. If you plan to do some water-based activities, then choose a place with a hotter climate.
Also, this allows you to be prepared in terms of clothing, food, and gear and avoid any surprises at the last moment.
You need to monitor the weather forecast until the day of your trip to equip yourself accordingly.
Carry Some Entertainment
On your solo camping trip, you must bring along some entertainment items to keep you busy. After a while, the lush green mountains and soothing river might seem boring to you.
That’s when the entertainment gadgets come to your rescue.
- Photography is the prime motive of people on your camping trip. Make it a point to carry a high-quality camera that allows you to capture the memories in high-definition. if you know the use of a DSLR camera it can be the best friend during your solo campaign.
- Water-Activities, yet another reason behind camping, calls for kayaks, surf-boards, fishing gear, and any other related essentials.
- Stargazing is best done amidst the high-rise mountains. Hence, make sure to carry your binoculars for better visualization of the constellations and celestial bodies.
Stick To Mindful Packing
While packing, you are likely to feel overwhelmed and pack even the things that you might not need. You can check travel packing tips to know more.
On your solo camping trip, you must adhere to careful packing and take along only the most essential items. Not only will this decrease the load on your shoulders, but also allow you to make the most of your exploration.
If you are going on camping by road, our road trip packing guide will help you to pack your camping essentials.
However, don’t compromise on the essential gear just to keep the luggage light.
- Limited Bodily Strain as a heavy backpack might lead to backaches as well as feet abnormalities. When your body doesn’t hurt, you are more likely to enjoy the journey.
- Better Exploration opportunities due to light luggage. This makes it easier to move around and explore the antiquities of nature.
- Saves Time As Well As Efforts that occur during security checks and luggage transportation aspects.
Don’t Forget The First Aid On Solo Camping Trip
There’s no doubt in the fact that emergencies can occur anytime.
Keeping in mind that the trip is a solo one, you must prepare yourself for the worst. This calls for carrying the well-equipped first aid kit.
Add all the essential medications and wound repair items like bandages, antiseptics, tapes, disinfectants, and other related aid.
Things To Keep
- Medications like antipyretics, antiemetics, laxatives, painkillers, antibiotics, and antihistamines are quite essential.
- Topical Preparations like antiseptics, disinfectants, bandages, tapes, cotton, and ointments help in controlling the infection.
Camping trips are all about astonishing sceneries and never-ending tranquillity. If you decide to embark upon the journey on your own, you must keep the precautions in mind. Make sure to keep the luggage light and the campsite safe.
One of the most crucial things to consider is the location. You must go for the locations with the average crowd and beautiful aesthetics.
Apart from this, carry the survival as well as medical kits to tackle the emergencies as and when required. Pack the entertainment gear and keep yourself busy throughout the journey.
Refer to the tips mentioned above and stick to the same for a successful camping experience.