Poinsett Bridge is the oldest bridge in SC. This bridge gets located in the entire southeastern United States.
It gets named for Joel Roberto Poinsett. It got built in the year 1820 as part of a road from Columbia, South Carolina to Saluda Mountain.
It gets believed to be the oldest surviving bridge in the state. It is a 14-foot in the form of Gothic arch stone structure and stretches 130 feet over little gap creek.
Poinsett Bridge Camping
There are various camping resorts near Poinsett St, Bridge City, TX 77611.
The number of resorts named as Norton’s Rv Park, Country Livin’ RV Park, The Property Country Living, Round bunch RV Park, Boomtown USA.
It is the great place in Northern Greenville Country to see history, the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, to take photos, and hike trails.
The Poinsett Bridge is an excellent place to visit any time in the year.
The summer, spring, and fall seasons are the ideal times to visit the bridge.
You will not want to miss the site only about 20-30 minutes north of Greenville proper if you enjoy the place’ outdoors and hiking.
Campbell’s Covered Bridge SC Haunted
Campbell’s Covered bridge got constructed in the year 1909 which is the only remaining covered bridge in the state of South Carolina.
This bridge is 38 feet long, 12 foot wide like a pine structure which spans Beaver dam Creek.
It got built by Charles Irwin Willis. Local people believe that this bridge got named for Lafayette Campbell.
At that time of the construction, this person owned 194 acres of land in the immediate area.
Poinsett Bridge Greenville SC
Poinsett Bridge Greenville SC gets located just north of Greenville. This bridge got built-in 1820. It has got believed to be the oldest bridge in South Carolina.
The Bridge got named for Charleston native and U.S. Ambassador to Mexico, Joel R. Poinsett. Joel R. Poinsett also gets credit with bringing the poinsettia flower that bears his name now to the USA.
Poinsett Bridge Haunted
At that place, there are many haunted places experiences faced by one and another. One of these is the following:
1. Several locals say that they have been unable to start their cars when they get ready to leave a light and are supposed to move towards them while they sit in their cars. They hear a scream when they get close.
2. Around four years ago. I drove my neighbor and her boyfriend at the time, and one of their friends up there, parked cars on the road.
As I shut off the engine of the car and rolled down the window, we could hear movements around them.
I had my hand resting on the car door when I felt a man’s rough side, and fingers grab onto mine.
Haunted Poinsett Bridge
It gets situated at the right side after passing camp old Indian, BSA camp. On the left side, there is a small dirt parking lot.
It gets well marked by a crosswalk and a pedestrian crossing sign, marking it seriously hard to miss it.
Reflection on the Poinsett Bridge
This place is a lot to contributor Ralph Mayer as he was born on the aquatics staff and later the aquatics and higher adventure director of camp old Indian- about 300 yards up the road from Poinsett bridge – for seven summers in the late 1960s through mid-70s.
Poinsett was also got known by the named secretary of war, minister to Mexico, and the president of the NIPS (National Institute for the promotion of science).
Poinsett Bridge Ghost Stories
Local Doris Davis says that several local people say that they have got unable to start the cars when they get ready to leave from the bridge.
He also says that there is a light that supposed to move towards them while they are going to sit in their cars.
When the light gets very close to them, they hear a loud screaming sound.
Taylors native Mike Ross says that he has heard the voice which is coming from the area of the arch, which screams around the top of the bridge.
He has also seen the white, red, and green-lighted dots that are floating on the mountainside, which is similar to the lantern.
Poinsett Bridge, Greenville, South Carolina Haunted
The Poinsett Bridge has got abandoned and left to the ghosts. It got built in 1820 by Abram Blanding Acting Commissioner.
It is 14-foot Gothic Style Bridge which is no longer safe for the use of the public.
The visitors have reported that their cars flattered when they start their cars and they could even hear bizarre screams and moans near the bridge.
Legend told that a slave got hanged from the deck. Some people also claim that they understand his cries when they pass near the bridge.
The bridge may come as a disconcerting thought when the night falls because as the visitors to the bridge attest to strange happenings there after the darkness.
Who was Poinsett Bridge?
It is the oldest bridge in South Carolina which once got served as an essential link in State Road which connected Charleston with the mountain communities in North Carolina. This bridge gets named for Joel R. Poinsett.
He is the director of the S.C. board of the public work during the design of the road. He gained considerable fame for the introduction of the poinsettia to the United States.
The graceful Poinsett Bridge, 14-foot Gothic arch stone bridge spans the Little Gap Creek.
Hotel Near Poinsett Bridge
There are 153 hotels within 50 km of Poinsett Bridge. Hotels are listed below:
• 2 BR 1 Bath Cabin on the Lake Hosea near Saluda
• Saluda Vista-lakeside Renovated the Luxury/hot Tub/between Asheville & Greenville
• Cozy Mountain Cabin and Barn Get Away
• The Good Life in Saluda/ Tiec World Games/ h, Ville/a Ville
• Beautiful Updated Cottage on a Private Lake near Tryon & Asheville
• Mountaintop Home with Fantastic Views
• A Peaceful Wooded Setting Log Home, stone Fireplace, Access to Lake Summit
• A Beautiful & Scenic Country Home with Horse Barn & Corral
• This House Is a Lake Summit, in Truly Original but with all the Modern Amenities
• Ollieblake Rock Cottage 30 Mins from Tryon and Ashville
• Stunning Brand New Log Home
• Beautiful Queen Anne Victorian Home
• The Private Mountain Retreat Close to Tiec, Greenville, and Hendersonville
• Hidden Granite Falls: An Easy Feeling Woodland Paradise in Saluda
• Vacation Home on the Green River above Lake Summit
• Newly Renovated Lake cabin With 20 Foot Nana wall Window Designers
• Lake Summit Estate. Directly On the Water!
• The Red Horse Inn
• Stunning Mountain Views on 8 Acres
• The Orchard Inn
• A Spectacular Secluded and Private 6 Bedroom Luxury Mountain Property.
The hotels in Poinsett Bridge start with a price of $125 per night. There can be a change in the rates and availability in the hotels.
Are you looking to book your next trip? Check out the following services we use and love or click the previous link to read more!
Booking To find best hotel deals.
Best International Flight Deals to Book in 2019.
World Nomads to ensure your trip.
Hostelworld to find a budget hostel.
Jetradar book Flight at cheap price.
GetyourGuide Guided Tours.