- 1 Jaigarh Fort Jaipur
- 1.1 History of Jaigarh Fort
- 1.2 Architecture
- 1.3 Facts About Jaigharh Fort
- 1.4 Vilas Mandir
- 1.5 Jaivana Cannon in Jaigarh Fort
- 1.6 Jaigarh Fort and Indra Gandhi Controversy
- 1.7 Jaighar Fort Address:
- 1.8 Jaigarh Fort Timing
- 1.9 Jaigarh Fort Fee (INR)
- 1.10 Nearby Attractions with Distance
- 1.11 How to Reach Jaigarh Fort Jaipur
- 1.12 Hotels Near Jaigarh Fort Jaipur:
- 1.13 Jaigarh Fort Jaipur Trip With Mysterious Trip & Advice
- 1.14 Jaigarh Fort Jaipur Film Shooting And Jaigarh Fort Wedding
- 1.15 If you are interested in Travel, You Can Buy the Best Travel Products for You:
- 1.16 FAQs about Jaigarh Fort Jaipur
Jaigarh Fort Jaipur
The Jaigarh fort’s structural design is similar to the Amer fort, known as Victory Fort. The wall of the Jaigarh Fort is 3kms long.
The one thing you would come across about Jaigarh fort more often is that it is the world‘s most massive cannon on wheels, known as Jaivana. As huge as this was, the weird thing was, that, it never was used in a battle. The only time it was used as a test was when the cannonball traveled 35kms.
History of Jaigarh Fort
Jaigarh Fort is as old as the Amer Fort, which was the primary defensive structure rather than the palace itself, built by the Meena’s at Amer at that time.
Due to no small amount of iron ores presence nearby the Jaigarh Fort, it saw as the most critical cannon foundry during the Mughal period.
The two structures are interconnected by a series of surrounded fortifications and ruled by the acchahas from the 10th century onwards. The Jaigarh fort Jaipur and Amer fort history are linked with these rulers, as they have founded their empire at Amber.
The Jaigarh Fort Jaipur is a magnificent structure that lies on the “Cheel ka Teela” hills. It was designed and by the talented architect known as Vidyadhara, more like a jewel on a crown.
The fort was named after king Jai Singh II. The fort has a watchtower from where you can enjoy a fantastic view of the surrounding area. you can take a tour of Nahargarh fort view there.
Dungar Darwaza is the main entrance of the Jaigarh Fort, consisting of two temples within the fort boundary, one is the Ram Harihar temple of the 10th century and the Kaal Bhairav temple of the 12th century.
Facts About Jaigharh Fort
Due to the richness of the iron ore mines in the adjacency of the fort, the Jaigarh fort became one of the wealthiest cannon foundries in the reign of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan.
The foundry in the fort has many stories to tell. The foundry was built so strategically that it sucked the air from the mountains and helped to reach the highest temperature which melts the metals for the cannons.
it is a lady’s area with lattice windows and jharokhas. The cross ventilation of the wind blowing through the fort makes it pleasing and notable.
The Jaigarh fort and Amer fort secretly connected through a secret underground passage.
The passage was made at the time of emergencies so that the women along with their children and older people could escape through the passage during wartime.
The passage is quite narrow that made the enemies slower.
Jaivana Cannon in Jaigarh Fort
Even though it was the most massive cannon of its time, it never put any use.
The cannon was fired only once with a charge of 100kgs of gunpowder, covering a distance of about 35kms.
The beautiful green gardens of the Jaigarh Fort are a perfect place for you to take a rest. The garden’s low walls, high arch getaway, and fantastic view are enough to leave you captivated.
Jaigarh Fort and Indra Gandhi Controversy
Jaigarh fort found itself in the limelight in 1977, when prime minister Indira Gandhi launched a search of all the buildings on a tip-off that the fort’s precincts and its water tanks had a treasure belonged to then Kachwahas rulers.
However, after months of search, an army carried by the unit proved to be worthless and was called off. People believed that the Jaigarh fort treasure if there was any, was used by king Sawai Jai Singh II to construct the city, which now we call Jaipur!
Jaighar Fort Address:
Devisinghpura, Amer, Rajasthan 302028
Jaigarh Fort Timing
The fort is open from Jaigarh fort cannon 10.00 am to 5 pm.
Jaigarh Fort Fee (INR)
- Jaigarh fort entry fee for Indians is 35/-, for camera 50/-
- Jaigarh Fort entry fee For Foreigners Rs. 85/-, for camera 200/-
- Note: parking charges 50/- & English guide charges 150/-, Hindi guide charges 100/-
Nearby Attractions with Distance
- Amber fort to Jaigarh Fort is just 7 km away you can reach just in 15 minutes by car.
- Jaigarh fort to Nahargarh fort distance is 6.0 km; Car takes 13 minutes to reach.
- Jaigarh fort to Hawa Mahal is 10.00 km away and takes 23 minutes by car to reach this palace
- Fort to Jal Mahal is just 11.0 km and the time made by car is 25 minutes.
How to Reach Jaigarh Fort Jaipur
Rail: Jaipur Junction railway station is almost 14.6 km, away, it takes nearly 48 minutes by car to reach Jaipur palace.
Road: You can approach by cab, auto, E-Riksha, bus, and personal vehicle to reach the palace.
Many private and government buses are available to the Jaigarh fort from Jaipur city. Jaigarh Fort is around 15kms away from Jaipur.
You can quickly get access to private cabs and taxis from Jaipur to the Jaigarh Fort, which will charge less than 500/-.
However, to reach Jaigarh fort from Amer fort, you need to hire a private vehicle or take one of the local buses. It is 7kms of distance from Amer Fort to Jaigarh Fort.
Hotels Near Jaigarh Fort Jaipur:
- Hotel Amer Classic
- Hotel Trident Jaipur
- Regenta Central Jal Mahal, Jaipur
- Hotel Raj Bagh Palace
- Hotel Hathi Mauja
Jaigarh Fort Jaipur Trip With Mysterious Trip & Advice
Try not to get lost as the passage within the palace is quite sinuous and confusing.
The place is not as crowded as the Amer fort; here you can also find some books to know about Jaigarh fort history.
Even you get books in multiple languages links Jaigarh fort history in Hindi, Jaipghar fort history in Tamil, Jaigarh fort history in English, and many others. Best books on Jaigarh fort are recommended by us.
Hence, try not to get lost and try being in the main areas and if you have kids with you, remember to keep a hold on them. Also, you must have an essential travel product for kids.
If you are interested to know about Rajasthan culture and the history of Rajputana, you can read about Chittorgarh fort.
Jaigarh Fort Jaipur Film Shooting And Jaigarh Fort Wedding
- Mard movie shooting at Jaigarh Fort
- Ajnabee’s Song Meri Zindagi Mein Ajnabee shoot in Jaigarh Fort.
- Humraaz: the climactic fight scene in Humraaz shot at Jaigarh Fort in Jaipur.
- Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge song shoot in this fort.
If you are interested in Travel, You Can Buy the Best Travel Products for You:
- Best Travel Products For Man
- Best Travel Products For Women
- Best Travel Products For Kids
- Best Travel Bags
- Best Action Cameras For Travel
FAQs about Jaigarh Fort Jaipur
Tunnel name connecting amber fort and Jaigarh fort?
Ghat ki Guni Tunnel.
Jaigarh fort ticket?
Indian- Rs. 35, Foreigners- Rs. 85.
Size and Wait Jaivana cannon Jaigarh fort?
6.15 m (20.2 ft) and it weighs 50 tons.
Who Built Jaigarh fort Jaipur?
Jai Singh II Is (the king Of Jaipur) Built Jaigarh fort Jaipur
May I know What Is Jaigarh fort entry fee 2018
100/- INR For the student to entry in Jaigarh fort Jaipur you can also get tickets from city palace Jaipur to save your time.