Best Places to Visit in Chail
Best Places to Visit in Chail, Welcome to the small hill station of Himachal Pradesh, “Chail,” mostly knows for its highest cricket ground.
You can see the forest of pine and cedar that attract visitors from India and other countries and peace in Chail almost everywhere.
Shimla to Chail is almost 45 Km, so it just takes 2 hours to reach Shimla, and if you are coming from Delhi to Chail is nearly 340 Km. You can also read Best Places to Visit in Himachal Pradesh.
There are so many places to visit in Chail for people who are looking for escape in their regular life.
- Chail wildlife sanctuary
- Cricket Ground ( World’s Highest Cricket Ground)
- Himalayan Nature Park, Kufri
- Sadhupul Lake
- Himalayan Nature Park
- Sidh Baba ka Mandir
- Kali Temple(Kali Ka Tibba), Chail
- Gurudwara Sahib
Chail Wildlife Sanctuary
There are many birds and animals like leopard, Himalayan black bear, sambhar, fox, muntjac, and many others in this sanctuary. You can also read Best Wildlife Places in India.
- Address: Sadhupul, Himachal Pradesh
- Best Time to Visit: March to September
- Approx Time to Visit: 2 Hours.
- Chail Wildlife Sanctuary Location
Cricket Ground ( World’s Highest Cricket Ground)
Top tourist attraction in Chail. Maharaja Bhupinder Singh built the cricket ground in 1893. The attitude of this ground is 7500ft. That’s why it’s the highest cricket ground in the world.
- Tourist entry is not allowed but can capture pictures around the garden.
- Opening and Closing Times: 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Address: Chail, Himachal Pradesh 173217
- Chail Cricket Ground Location
Himalayan Nature Park
The Himalayan nature park is in Kufri, almost 30 km from Chail, and the Kufri is one of the best places to visit near Chail.
You can see species of animals like Black bear, Cat, Deer, Wolf, and others in the nature park. You can also read Things to Do In Manali.
- Address: Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri Road, Kufri, Himachal Pradesh 171012
- Himalayan Nature Park Location
This lake is situated in the Sadhpul Village; the lake is one of the most visit places in Chail.
- Address: Aasan River, Near Chail-Kufri Road, Sadhupul, Himachal Pradesh 173215
Sidh Baba Ka Mandir
People believe that this temple is the protector of the chail temple dedicated to Sidh baba. You can also read Where to Travel in North India.
- Address: Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri Rd, Chail, Himachal Pradesh 173217
- Sidh Baba ka Mandir Location
Kali Temple (Kali Ka Tibba)
The most famous places in Chail also know as the kali Devi temple. Temple is dedicated to the goddess kali. Also, you can see the icons of Lord Ganesha, lord shiva, and other gods.
- Address: Himachal Pradesh 173217
- Timings: Morning 6:00 AM to Evening 5:00 PM
- Kali Ka Tibba Location
Gurudwara Sahib, Chail, was built by Maharaja Bhupinder Singh in 1907. It’s not like another gurudwara architecture, but it’s like a church.
- Address: Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri Road, Chail, Himachal Pradesh 173217, India
- Gurudwara Sahib Chail Location
Best Time To Visit Chail
Chail can be visited anytime throughout the year.
- Winter: November to March
- Approx, you get 1°C to 10°C Chail weather in winter.
- Summer: April to June
- Approx, you get chail temperature during summers to vary from 18°C to 26°C.
- Want to see snowfall in Chail you can come here between December to March
How To Reach Chail
There are many way to reach Chail, and you can use the train, bus, and plane.
- How to reach Chail by rail?
- The nearest railhead to chail is Kalka. It is situated at a distance of 80 KM. You can either take a bus or a private or shared taxi from Kalka railway station that would drop you at chail.
- How to reach Chail by air?
- The Nearest Airpot from Chail is Shimla Airport, Jubbarhatti. It is approx 63Km away from this beautiful place, Chail. You can take a taxi from Chandigarh to reach this place.
- How to reach Chail by road?
- You can get Private and government buses with the help of it you can reach to chail.
Points to Know Before Visit Chail
- Snow in Chail is from December to March
- you can do adventure activities like trekking, camping, horse riding and more.
- Altitude 2250 above sea level
- Languages known by local people is Hindi, English, Garhwali
- You can take homestay and hotels for stay in Chail