Amazing Facts about the Himalayas
The Himalayas is crown of India, and The Himalayan range is spread not only in India but across Asia. Below are some interesting and amazing facts about the Himalayas.
Interesting facts about the himalayas:-
- The Himalaya Range is the highest mountain range on this earth.
- The Himalayas are located on the border of Nepal, Tibet, and China.
- Himalayas history around 50 Million years old that makes it one of the youngest mountains in the world.
- An only mountain range that expands across 6 countries
- The Himalayas is the highest peak in the world. The height of the Himalayas is approx 8848m (29,035 feet) above from the sea level.
- Geologically, Himalayas is alive because it moves around 20 mm every year.
- The work Himalayas means “Abode of Snow.”
- Himalaya store of magical herbs.
- Many scientists believe Himalaya as a secret base of aliens.
- And The Himalaya Range has more than 15000 glaciers.
- Hindu People consider it a spiritual place.
- Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa mountaineer successfully climbed Everest in 1953.
- The Himalayas cover approximately 70% of Nepal.
- Approximately 40 million people are living in the Himalayas.
- 0.4% of the earth’s area cover by The Himalayas.
- Hindu epic link Mahabharat, Ramayana, Rig Veda, Purana, and other epic mentions about the Himalayas.
- The Himalayas were named by joining two Sanskrit words – “Hima” and “Alaya, “Which means Hima=Snow and Alaya= Abode, meaning “Adobe of Snow.”
- Everest’s original Nma is ‘Sagarmatha.’ and people in Nepal call the highest peak ‘Sagarmatha,’ which means “Goddess of the universe.”
- River Ganga, Brahmaputra, Yarlung, and Indus originate from the Himalayas.
- According to Hindu mythology, it’s home of lord shiva.
And Check Also Best Places in India and Tips to Help you Travel Happily.
How old are the Himalayas?
50 million years old