Ramgarh Lake Jaipur, near Jamwa Ramgarh, Rajasthan, is an artificial lake. It is a famous destination for tourists and is located 32 km from Jaipur. In ancient times, the lake provided water to the city.
However, the last time the lake had water was in 1999, and it has been dry since 2000. However, the scenic beauty of Ramgarh continues to attract tourists. The Ramgarh Lake is also known as the home to many wildlife species, such as nilgai, chital, and lions. It offers a peaceful getaway.
History of Ramgarh Lake Jaipur
Ramgarh Lake in Jaipur has a history from the 17th century when Maharaja Jai Singh II built it to provide water for Jaipur. It played an important role in the city’s water supply. In 1982, it had a record for hosting a rowing event, the Asian Games.
While the lake has faced water scarcity issues and dried up in recent years, it remains a historical and cultural attraction.
Attractions of Ramgarh Lake Jaipur
Below, we mentioned some of the famous attractions and activities of Ramgarh Lake for visitors to enjoy:
- Scenic Beauty: Ramgarh Lake is a beautiful place with stunning natural views and a peaceful atmosphere. It’s a perfect spot for people who love nature and photography.
- Jamwa Mata Temple: The ‘Jamwa Mata’ temple near the lake is an important religious place that draws both religious visitors and tourists. It is a great spot.
- Bird Watching: Ramgarh Lake and its surroundings are home to various bird species, making it a hotspot for birdwatchers.
- Picnicking: The peaceful environment and greenery make it a great spot for picnics and family outings.
- Hiking and Trekking: The surrounding mountains of the lake are perfect for hiking and trekking enthusiasts. It provides an opportunity to explore the natural beauty of the area.
- Ramgarh Wildlife Sanctuary: The Ramgarh Wildlife Sanctuary in Rajasthan is a home for animals and birds. It covers about 252 square kilometers and is an excellent place for nature lovers and those who enjoy wildlife. You can see animals like deer and leopards, along with many different types of birds there.
Best Time to Visit Ramgarh Lake
The best time to visit Ramgarh Lake is during the winter, from October to March. It is not too hot or too cold, so you can enjoy the lake, historical sites, and outdoor fun comfortably. Many birds also come here during this time, making it great for birdwatching. Just check the weather and events to plan your visit.
How to Reach the Ramgarh Lake
By Road: You have to take a bus from your location to Jaipur, and from it is 32 km away, you can take a taxi, local bus, or cab to reach Ramgarh Lake.
By Train: You have to take a train from your nearby Railway Station to Jaipur Junction, and from Jaipur, it is 32 km away; you can take a taxi, local bus, or cab to reach Ramgarh Lake.
By Air: You have to take a flight from your nearby airport to Jaipur International Airport, and from Jaipur, it is 32 km away; you can take a taxi, local bus, or cab to reach Ramgarh Lake.
Timing of Ramgarh Lake Jaipur:
- Monday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
11 Famous places near Ramgarh lake Jaipur
- Elefantastic: It is nearly 3.1km away from Ramgarh Lake.
- Amber Fort: It is 4.1km away from Ramgarh Lake.
- Sheesh Mahal ( hall of a mirror): It is 4.1km away from Ramgarh Lake
- Elesafari: It is 2.1km away from Ramgarh Lake
- Panna Meena ka Kund: 4.3km away from Ramgarh Lake.
- Toran mahal distance 1.5km from Ramgarh lake
- The Bhoora dhaba distance is 1.5km from Ramgarh Lake.
- Rangmahal is a distance of 1.7km from Ramgarh Lake.
- Suraj Dhaba Jaipur is a distance of 3.7km from Jaipur.
Ramgarh Lake Jaipur on Google Map
From the railway station to the lake: 32 km
From the Airport to that lake: 41 km
From the Sindhi Camp Bus Stand to that lake: 33 km
To find out the Ramgarh Dam location, click here: Ramgarh Lake Distance
The Photography Fees at Ramgarh Lake Jaipur are free of cost.