Ananthapura Lake Temple
Ananthapura Lake Temple used to be the original place of the Ananthapadmanabha Swami of Padmanabhaswamy temple which gets located in the state Capital Thiruvananthapuram.
It is only the one lake temple in Kerala. It is the famous Hindu temple which gets situated on the lake in Kasaragod District of Kerala in India.
According to legends, this temple gets guarded by a crocodile which named as Babiya, when one crocodile dies; the other crocodile takes its place.
The lake in which this temple gets situated is a massive structure of 302 feet square in measurement.
Ananthapura Lake Temple
Ananthapura Lake Temple used to be the original place of the Ananthapadmanabha Swami of Padmanabhaswamy temple which gets located in the state Capital Thiruvananthapuram. It is only the one lake temple in Kerala.
It is the famous Hindu temple which gets situated on the lake in Kasaragod District of Kerala in India.
This temple also gets known as the Moolasthanam which is the source of the Sri Anantha Padmanabha Swami Temple of Thiruvananthapuram. It is the capital of Kerala which is in the far south of India.
The lake in which this temple gets situated is a massive structure of 302 feet square in measurement. At the corner of the lake, you will find a cave which has an opening.
The priests of the temple believe that Lord Anantha Padmanabha got used to going through this opening to the temple of Thiruvananthapuram. The main difference in both the temples is in their position.
The beautiful scenery around the temple is the treat in our eyes which is creating a sense of peace and solitude.
The sprawling hillocks get set on the background of the temple, and it gets surrounded by the vast grasslands.
The Sreekovil gets surrounded by the rectangular lake. Three temples named Temple Gopuram, the Sreekovil, and The temple edifice get connected by the small bridge.
There are ancient and marvelous mural paintings on the theme of Puraná on the outer walls of the Sreekovil.
The temple gets raised in unique structural aspects in the middle of the serene lake. This lake gets gifted with a perennial supply of the pure spring water — the lake of the temple measures approximately two acres of land.
There is an excellent collection of wood carvings in the temple. These beautiful carvings depict the legendary stories of Dasavataram.
May Lord Mahavishnu shower his blessings on all of you with prosperity and peace of divine constructions.
The committee of the temple decides to take immediate steps to revive the past glory of the ancient temple of Lord Mahavishnu for the welfare of humanity.
- Renovation of the Agrashala, the dining hall
- Renovation of Sri Ganesha Temple
- Repair of the bridge connecting temple to the Gopuram
- Construction of Ullakalu Tara
- Development of Eastern edifice
- Construction of shelter- roof for the dining hall
- Landscaping and fencing around the lake
- Construction of accommodation facilities for the devotees.
Ananthapura Lake Temple Timings
The timings of the temple for darshan are from 5:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Facilities provided at the temple are:
- Every day free lunch gets provided to devotes and devotes also have an opportunity to offer the Balivadu at the cost of rupees
- Kalyana Mantapa gets hosted by the temple which got built in the year 1991 with the seating capacity of 300 people. The Kalyana Mantapa gets equipped with a generator and large kitchen which can cater for around 3000 people.
Ananthapur Lake Temple Darshan Timings
Darshan Timings: 5:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m every day
- Morning Pooja: 7:30 a.m.
- Noon Pooja: 12:30 p.m.
- Night Pooja: 7:30 p.m.
Babiya Naivedya Timings: 8:00 am and 12:00 p.m. on every day
- Navaanna: Tulaa Masa 1
- Annual Day (Vaarshikothsava): Kumbha Maasa 14
- Every full moon Bhajan programme will get held at Temple Gopuram by Sri Ananthapadmanabha Swamy Bhajana Sangha
- Every Krishnashtami day Bhajan programme from sunset to moonrise at Goshale Krishna premises around 6.30 PM – 12.30 PM.
- Bhajana Programme on every Annual Day by Sri Ananthapadmanabha Swamy Bhajana Sangha at Vanashashtara premises from 6.30 pm – 8.00 PM
- Ramayana Masacharane is concluding the ceremony at the end of every Karkataka Maasa which gets organized by Sri Ananthapadmanabha Swamy Bhajana Sangha at Temple premises.
- Entry gets restricted during the Ame, Sootaka
- Male Devotees are not allowed to wear dark lungis.
- Male Devotees should remove their Shirt and Baniyan while taking the Darshana.
Mangalore to Ananthapura Lake Temple
There are three ways from Mangalore to Ananthapura Lake Temple by taxi, car, or town car. You can select any option by comparing the ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio’s travel planner.
You can drive to Mangalore from Ananthapura Lake Temple in around 47m. Mangalore is officially known as Mangaluru which is the chief port city of the Indian state, Karnataka.
There are different names of Mangaluru in the different languages such as in Tulu- Kudlu, in Kannada- Mangaluru, In Konkani- Kodial, in Beary- Maikala.
Rome2rio’s Travel Guide series provides you with vital information for the global traveller.
Rome2rio is the door to door travel information and is the booking engine which is helping you for getting to and from any location all around the world.
You can find all the transport options for your trip from Ananthapura Lake Temple to Mangalore.
The service display up to date schedules, journey times, route maps, and fares from the relevant transport operators and also ensure you that it can make an informed decision about the option that will suit you the best.
It also offers you online booking for the selected operators and making your reservations very easy and straightforward.
Ananathpura Lake Temple Dress Code
The trustee members of the temple are:
- Brahmasri Delampady Balakrishna Thantri
- Sri K.S. Kaiash
- Sri N. Krishna Alva
- Sri Praphullaraj
- Velaparambil Mana Bramasri Parameshwarn Namboodirippad
- Sri Marappa Bhandary
- Sri K. Venkatramana Bhat
- Sri Venkateshwara Hebbar P.
Dress code: Male devotees should remove their shirts while taking Darshan at the temple. They can wear white dhoti or pants.
They are not allowed to wear dark lungis. Ladies devotees can wear sarees and any conservative dress which is suitable for them according to their age.
Let us visit there for once and see its amazing beauty and weather.
Are you looking to book your next trip? Check out the following services we use and love or click the previous link to read more!
Booking To find best hotel deals.
Best International Flight Deals to Book in 2019.
World Nomads to ensure your trip.
Hostelworld to find a budget hostel.
Jetradar book Flight at cheap price.
GetyourGuide Guided Tours.