This post contains all about Chopta Itinerary. Explore the scenic beauty of Chopta with a 4-day itinerary, including treks to Tungnath Temple, Chandrashila Peak, and Deoria Tal Lake. Enjoy the serene meadows and stunning views of the Himalayas.
Weather of Chopta
Chopta has a pleasant climate throughout the year, with mild summers and cold winters. The best time to visit Chopta is during the summer and autumn (April to June and September to November) when the weather is perfect and sunny.
- Arrive in Chopta and check into your hotel or campsite.
- Take a walk around the village and explore the shops and restaurants.
- Visit the Tungnath Temple, one of the highest temples in the Himalayas.
- Enjoy a sunset dinner in one of the restaurants in Chopta.
- Trek to Chandrashila Peak, a popular trekking destination that offers stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Chandrashila Peak and enjoy the views.
- Trek back to Chopta in the evening.
- Trek to Deoria Tal Lake, a beautiful lake surrounded by lush green meadows and forests.
- Go for a boat ride on the lake or relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Trek back to Chopta in the evening.
- Visit the Bugyal meadows, a beautiful meadow located at an altitude of 3000 meters.
- Enjoy a natural walk through the meadows and see the views of the Himalayas.
- Depart from Chopta.
Where to Stay in Chopta?
There are several hotels and guesthouses in Chopta with various budgets. Here are a few popular options:
- The Himalayan Wanderer
- Hotel Deodar
- Hotel Pinewood
- Camp Chopta
- Himalayan Eco Lodge
- Chopta View Point Resort
- Chopta Green Meadows Resort
- Chopta Valley View Resort
- Chopta River View Resort
- Chopta Valley Homestay
- Chopta Alpine Homestay
- Chopta Meadows Homestay
- Chopta Bugyal Homestay
- Chopta Deoria Tal Homestay
- Chopta Tungnath Homestay
Why Visit Chopta?
Chopta is a hill station in Uttarakhand, offering stunning views of the Himalayas, lush green meadows, and dense forests. It is a famous destination for trekking, camping, and birdwatching.
Best time to visit Chopta:
The best time to visit Chopta is during the summer and autumn months (April to June and September to November) when the weather is perfect and sunny.
Things to do in Chopta:
- Trekking: Chopta is a popular base for trekking to Tungnath and Chandrashila, two of the highest temples in the Himalayas. Other popular treks from Chopta include the Deoria Tal trek and the Kedarnath trek.
- Camping: Chopta is an excellent place to camp, with many campsites offering stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Birdwatching: Chopta is home to various birds, including the Himalayan monal, the pheasants, and the rosefinch. It is a great place to go birdwatching, especially during the spring and autumn months.
- Visiting temples: Chopta is home to a number of temples, including the Tungnath Temple and the Chandrashila Temple. These temples are located at a high altitude and offer stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Visiting meadows: Chopta is home to a number of beautiful meadows, including the Bugyal meadows and the Deoria Tal meadows. These meadows are a great place to relax and enjoy the natural views of the Himalayas.
What to see in Chopta?
There are several things to see in Chopta. Here are some of the most popular things to see in the Chopta tour Chopta itinerary:
- Tungnath Temple: This temple is located at 3680 meters high and is one of the highest temples in the Himalayas. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is a popular pilgrimage site.
- Chandrashila Peak: This peak is located at an altitude of 4090 meters and offers stunning views of the Himalayas. It is a popular trekking destination and a popular camping spot.
- Deoria Tal Lake: This lake is located at a height of 2438 meters and is surrounded by lush green meadows and forests. It is a famous spot for boating, fishing, and camping.
- Bugyal meadows: These meadows are located at an altitude of 3000 meters and offer stunning views of the Himalayas. They are a great place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the Himalayas.
Best essentials to carry for Chopta Trek:
- Trekking shoes or boots
- Rain jacket
- Warm clothes
- Sunhat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
How To Reach Chopta?
By Road: The most popular way to reach Chopta is by road. There are regular buses from Rishikesh and Dehradun to Chopta. The journey from Rishikesh to Chopta takes around 6-7 hours, and the journey from Dehradun to Chopta takes around 4-5 hours.
By Taxi or private car: If you are traveling in a group, hiring a taxi or private car to Chopta is more convenient.
By Helicopter: There are also helicopter services available from Dehradun to Chopta. This is the fastest way to reach Chopta, but it is also the most expensive.
Best essentials to carry for Chopta Trek
- Trekking Shoes
- Walking Stick
- Track Pants
- Wind-proof jacket
- Dry socks
- Water Bottle
- Power Bank