9 Top Things to Do in Pennsylvania
Things to Do in Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania is a scenic historical state in the United States, with the Appalachian Mountains running through its middle.
The state features diverse terrains, including farmlands, forests, rivers, and lakes. It has a vibrant travel and tourism industry. As one of the growing attractions, glamping in Pennsylvania is popular among local and foreign tourists.
Also known as the Keystone State, Pennsylvania has lots to offer to its visitors. Its stunning natural landscapes and jaw-dropping architectural masterpieces are sure to amaze and mesmerize any tourist.
Below are the top reasons why you should visit Pennsylvania at least once in your lifetime.
Suggested Things to Do in the Keystone State
Pennsylvania played a crucial role in American history. It is one of the original 13 colonies in the United States.
The signing of the declaration of independence was also done in the state. Here are some of the best things to do during your stay in the Keystone State:
- Learn about the Amish, Mennonite, and Hutterite culture and crafts by visiting the old town of Intercourse. You can also drop by the town’s Old Country Store to buy local handicrafts and cakes, or the neighboring quilt museum to see the beauty and intricate designs of traditional handmade quilts.
- If you are a fan of the great American pop artist, take a tour of the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh. You can learn about his personal life and see some of his most famous works, including his portrait of Elvis Presley.
- If you want a piece of American history, take a tour at the Gettysburg National Military Park. The site features several monuments and markers to commemorate the heroes and events of the 1863 Battle of Gettysburg during the American Civil War.
- Go glamping at the Whispering Pines Farm. If you want a taste of farm life, take a vacation at this farm in Cabot. Time your visit in June or September so you can participate in the Festival in the Woods. During the festival, local artisans like garden artists, jewelry makers, and blacksmiths visit the farm to display and sell their goods. There are other beautiful campgrounds if you want to go glamping in Pennsylvania.
- Entertain yourself and your kids at the world-famous Hersheypark in the chocolate town of Hershey. The amusement park features 90 acres of rides and fun for both the young and not-so-young.
- If you want a piece of natural history, visit the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh. Industrialist Andrew Carnegie built the museum in 1896. Some of the attractions include a massive collection of minerals, gems, animals, and fossils.
- Take a ride on the Strasburg Rail Road and see the beautiful scenery onboard one of the oldest steam trains in the United States. Don’t miss out on a tour of the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, which displays mid-19th century trains and other locomotives and cars.
- Visit the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia and be amazed at its various science and technology exhibits. The famous science museum was named after the renowned scientist Benjamin Franklin.
- Satisfy your palate at the Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia. This multi-ethnic market features Amish cuisine and other exquisite gourmet recipes for both the young and old.
Pennsylvania is a visitor’s paradise. Visit this fantastic state and refresh your mind and body by taking a tour of its top attractions and glamping at its scenic campgrounds with your loved ones.
Here is the Best places to visit Pennsylvania:
- A Ghost Tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield Pennsylvania
- Eastern State Penitentiary – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Centralia Ghost Town -Pennsylvania