How To Get Dual Citizenship In USA and Canada

You can become a citizen of both the United States and Canada under some circumstances. There is a great need to know that dual citizenship allows you to get numerous benefits such as free travel, voting as you can also take all the benefits of both countries.

However, before thinking about dual citizenship, it is essential to know that you will qualify for Canada immigration. Citizenship of Canada and the United States allows you to get a lot of benefits.

When you are applying for dual citizenship, there is no need for a separate application. Along with this, if you are already a citizen of Canada or the Us, you can easily become citizens of others without renouncing your original citizenship. Again, this is because you will be considered a dual citizen.

When you get dual citizenship, you can work anywhere and apply for a job by obtaining the visa first. You can also overlook federal jobs that significantly need a security clearance to maintain classified state information. If you are loyal to the nation, it might be challenging for you.

Moreover, you are allowed to travel without any restrictions. It is fascinating to know that dual citizenship allows you to travel abroad for as long as you like because there will be no risk of losing your citizenship. In addition, if you plan to live outside of the U.S. for a year, there is no need for re-entry permission to relocate to Canada.

dual citizenship usa and canada
dual citizenship usa and canada

Essential Requirements to Become Canadian or U.S. Citizen

There is a great need to know that both United States and Canada have a shared border and shared language. Moreover, both countries are very cooperative and don’t offer any citizenship of other countries for permanent immigration. For this purpose, there is a need for struggle to fit yourself in complex procedure if you want to become a resident there.

Moreover, you can apply for citizenship if you have spent a few years with good moral character and as a legal resident.

If you are born in Canada, but your parents belong to the United States, you can migrate from both countries and get dual citizenship. You have to check all the laws and regulations that were placed during the time of your birth.

Rules of Immigration for the United States

If you are Canadian and your parents don’t belong to the United States, then there is a significant need for some steps to become a citizen.

First, apply for a green card to live in the United States permanently. The major parts of the green card are significantly based on close families, permanent residence, and the purpose of the job. If anyone has U.S. permanent residency for five or more years, you can easily apply for citizenship.

In terms of the U.S. citizenship application, the process includes interview and exam. During this time, you have to understand and improve your English. You must be able to answer all the question regarding the U.S. government or history. Take the oath of allegiance to the U.S.

Rules of Immigration for Canada

If you are not born in Canada, you need to apply to become a permanent resident before applying for citizenship in Canada. In terms of the United States, some of the essential immigration categories are family, investment, skilled work, and entrepreneurship.

Bear in consideration that once a person has lived in Canada for three years with good moral character, you are allowed to apply for citizenship. It means that there is a need to live for three years or more for permanent residency in Canada.

Obligations of dual citizens

Keep in consideration that you have to pay taxes for life if you are a U.S. citizen, file U.S. income and other taxes even for that income that you earn outside of the U.S., which means that you can owe taxes on the same income.

Disclose all the previous encounters along with the law enforcement.  USCIS officers evaluate the citizenship applications backgrounds heavily. Keep in consideration that violation of rules like drug abuse, immigration fraud, and domestic violence will expose you to deportation.

However, if you are more concerned about your history and law enforcement, you should seek legal help for naturalization.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

      Leave a reply