The smallest of the 3 Virgin Islands, St. John Island, provides a nice escape from the hustle-and-bustle of everyday life. According to the magazine, Travel & Leisure, the island is sometimes called the “Beverly Hills of the Caribbean.”
Therefore, reserving a villa in St. John can prove to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
While you can only reach the island by ferry, you will be rewarded with a lush, green tropical landscape and resort amenities. The island, which does not feature an airport, is located about 4 miles from the Virgin Islands capital of Charlotte Amalie.
What to Expect
Once you land on St. John, you will discover some true gems, which includes the following:
- Sun-friendly beaches
- Thriving and vibrant coral reefs
- Friendly residents
- A large national park, which takes up about two-thirds of the isle
Suggested Sites and Attractions
After you settle in one of the St. John Island villas, you will need to make sure you do not miss some of the island’s memorable sites during your trip. Some of the bucket-list attractions include the following.
- Trunk Bay on St. John Island is considered one of the highest-rated beaches worldwide.
- The bay provides an ideal place to snorkel and view underwater marine life.
- The Annaberg Sugar Plantation enables you to learn more about St. John’s colonial history.
- The Cinnamon Beach Trail is the ideal place to hike and view archeological excavations.
- La Tapa in Cruz Bay provides a nice excursion for anyone who wants to enjoy a drink and/or repast and listen to jazz.
- You can also horseback ride or go birding on St. John Island.
St. John Weather
As you might imagine, St. John has near-perfect, if not idyllic, weather. You can enjoy temperatures in the low 70s to high 80s throughout the year.
If you want to avoid the higher precipitation and the winds of hurricane season, you need to book travel anytime other than June through November. Rainfall on the island peaks between September and November.
Most visitors like the weather from December to March. The climate may be hot during this time, but it is not sweltering, thereby making the surrounding waters pleasantly cool.
Because of its upscale reputation and real estate, you can find one of several desirable luxury properties available for rent.
The Ideal Wedding Destination
You can also reserve a villa for a gathering, such as a family reunion or wedding. For example, one villa, Caribe Villa, owned by Peter Max, the famous American Pop culture artist, is often reserved for weddings.
The panoramic views surrounding this home will leave you absolutely breathless.
Whether you are planning a honeymoon, wedding, romantic escape, or family getaway, you will find that a trip to St. John Island will be as exciting as it is memorable.