Rajasthan is a rich and diverse state in India, boasting charming deserts that stand as cool natural gems. These desert areas offer a breathtaking view of limitless dunes extending into endlessness. The famous desert land is the Thar Desert in Rajasthan and the Pushkar Desert in India. Visualize a vast cover of different types of dunes in Rajasthan where the wind works in complex patterns on the surface, a few dunes rise to exceptional heights and look like a very big sand mountain.
About Thar Desert in Rajasthan:
As we all know, the Thar Desert is also famous as the name of the Great Indian Desert; it is one of the hottest deserts in India and has special plants and animals.
The desert has a vast history related to its culture, people used to travel through it for trade. Many tourists see its beautiful sunsets, stars at night, and big sand hills. It’s like a real desert adventure with nature and old stories.
Activities at the Thar Desert.
Below, we listed some famous activities in the Jaisalmer desert. If you’re looking for a desert safari in Rajasthan and camping, the Thar desert is one of the ideal places.
- Camel Safari
- Jaisalmer desert camp
- Folk Dance
- Jaisalmer desert safaria
- Camel Safari: Embark on a camel safari to traverse the stunning dunes of the Thar Desert. Riding on the top of camels provides an original desert experience, immersing you in the landscape’s vast area and serenity.
- Jaisalmer desert camp: Spend a night under the desert sky by camping amidst the dunes—experience bonfires and cultural performances, immersing yourself in the unique environment of desert camping
- Folk Dance: Immerse yourself in vibrant culture through folk performances, traditional dance and music showcase that provide an understanding of the rich heritage of Rajasthan.
- Jaisalmer desert safari: Explore the flora and fauna in the desert and experience the immersive wildlife, including gazelles, foxes, and numerous bird species.
Nearby Places From the Thar Desert in Rajasthan, India
Below are the name of the nearby places that you can visit with the Great Indian Desert:
Closest Hotels to Thar Desert in Rajasthan:
- Desert Tulip Jaisalmer
- The Thar Desert Resort and Camp
- Devi Desert Resort and Retreat
- Thakur Ji Palace
- Pal Rajah Desert Camp in Jaisalmer
- Gangaur Desert Resort by Park Tree
- Mariyan Desert Safari Tents
- Sky Desert Safari
- The Saffron Desert Camp
- Jaisalkot — A Luxury Boutique Hotel
- Desert Palace Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer desert camp package:
|Package Type||Duration||Accommodation||Activities Included||Price (per person)|
|Standard Package||Two days / one night||Luxury tents||Camel Safari, Cultural Show||INR 10,000/–|
|Premium Package||Three days / two nights||Deluxe tents||Camel Safari, Jeep Safari, Cultural Show, Bonfire||INR 16,000/-|
|Family Package||Two days / one night||Family tents||Camel Safari, Cultural Show, Children’s Activities||INR 12,000/-|
|Adventure Package||Two days / one night||Adventure tents||Camel Safari, Dune Bashing, Night Sky Observation||INR 14,000/-|
About Pushkar desert:
Pushkar is a beautiful town in Rajasthan, India, popular for its rich culture and the famous Pushkar Camel Fair. Pushkar Desert is a part of the Great Indian Desert.
Activities in the Pushakr Desert:
Below, we list some famous activities you can do in the Pushkar desert. If you’re looking for Camel Riding, Desert safari and camping, the Thar desert is one of the ideal places.
- Desert safari: While in Pushkar, you can also embark on desert safaris to explore the nearby dunes. Camel rides and jeep safaris are very famous activities in the Pushkar Desert experience the desert countryside.
- Nature and wildlife: Despite the moistureless conditions, the desert in all directions of the Pushkar is home to different types of desert flora and fauna. You might spot desert plants, and animals changed to this environment.
- Beautiful sunsets: Pushkar offers breathtaking views of the Desert in Rajasthan during the evening. The golden colour of the dunes, blended with the changing colours of the sky, create a mesmerizing view.
Closest Hotels to Pushkar Desert:
- Nature Resort Pushkar
- Dear Masuda | A Luxury Resort
- Zostel Homes Pushkar
- Pushkar Rajwara Resort
- Rawai Luxury Tents, Pushkar
- Parvat Valley Resort Pushkar
- Lalit International – A Boutique Hotel
- Bamboo Saa Mulberry Resort
- Cattle Inn
- Pari Resort
Sky Desert Safari Camp is one of the best desert safari Jaisalmer.
The Pushkar desert is the nearest desert to Jaipur City.
It is approximately 660.50 kilometres away from Jaipur.
Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Jodhpur, and Barmer.
The Thar Desert is found in Rajasthan.
It is located in the northwestern part of the Indian subcontinent.
There are 10 Deserts in Rajasthan.